THE STORY OF THE MARSEILLE CUBE SOAP TURNED LIQUID
Born out of the imagination of two friends from Marseille, the story of Compagnie de Provence begins in 1990, when they established their trading company in the Panier, Marseille’s oldest district. Aware that the legendary cube of Marseille Soap holds an important position in the cultural and industrial heritage of their region, they decided to revive it.
In 1990, two friends from Marseille, passionate about decoration and design decided to revisit an old tradition: the iconic cube of Marseille soap. Aware of its place in Provencal cultural heritage, they decided to reinterpret it in a modern and contemporary way.
The soap, which makes the fame and pride in its city since the seventeenth century, is a natural product made exclusively from vegetable oils, without any coloring or artificial additives. It is this exceptional purity which gives its hypoallergenic, antiseptic and antibacterial virtues. It is on this icon they build their business by focusing on its values of authenticity, simplicity, efficiency and quality.
In 1999, Compagnie de Provence innovates by offering a unique liquid version of the Marseille soap. Made the traditional way in a cauldron from vegetable oils such as its solid ancestor, it is presented in a glass bottle with a pump with marked and clean graphic codes.
In recent years the collection has expanded to offer lotions, hand creams and quality soap bars. Enriched with the traditions of the region, the Compagnie de Provence collection incorporates fragrances created in Grasse - the world’s capital of perfume. Another Story is the exclusive official Thai Compagnie de Provence stockist.
MARSEILLE CUBE SOAP; NATURAL AND MULTI-PURPOSE
for the body, the hands and the maintenance of the house and textiles
- Made in Marseille with the purest respect for tradition.
- Cooked the old-fashioned way in a cauldron, it is formulated without palm oil, and its formula is biodegradable.
- As the real formula requires, it contains 72% oil. It is a natural and authentic product perfect for washing the body and hands, also recommended for the care of delicate laundry and cleaning floors.
- For the gentle washing of all textiles, especially delicate laundry (baby clothes, silks, lace, etc.): wet your laundry, clean it with soap, lather and rinse thoroughly with clean water. Let your laundry soak and always rinse with cold water.
- For washing difficult stains (oily, shirt collars): rub the stain with the cube, before washing. Put in machine quickly.
- To clean the floors and shine your tiles, soap them with Marseille soap then rinse thoroughly. Avoid contact with eyes.
WE VALUE WORKING WITH LOCAL SUPPLIERS
Exceptional vegetable oils are at the heart of their formulas. Over the years, La Compagnie de Provence has forged close links with local producers, in search of high-quality ingredients to offer the essence of Provence in a bottle.
Read the articles about Compagnie De Provence
Shop the Compagnie De Provence collection