Once upon a time... The whole world had summer plans, sweet escapes in mind and delightful travel tickets in hand when suddenly... COVID-19 happened! At Another Story, we truly believe that nothing is permanent and that it's only a "see you dear holiday", therefore, we asked Eve, one of our team members and precious story teller to share with the world her plans to visit Copenhagen, Denmark. Artist at heart and hard worker every day, Eve seized COVID-19 opportunity to sit down and to meticulously plan her dreamt bucket list to visit Copenhagen, the city of all design & illustration passionates like her. Scroll down now to discover Eve's tips and picks!
The Happiest city in the world
“ The Danish capital has long been a style centre — it even has laws in place to keep its cafes looking cool. But beyond its chic stylings, this open-minded city is said to be the happiest city in the world ”
- National Geographic
" Copenhagen is the city that I always wanted to go because of my passion for design and homeware. There are lots of famous Danish designers such as GANNI, Soulland, Normann Copenhagen, HAY, DANSK and many more names that I would love to explore!
Plus, I’ve always heard about the HYGGE (pronounce it hue-guh) Danish secret – a special feeling, to experience alone or with friends, at home or outside, extraordinary or ordinary, but always cozy, charming and so special - And oh dear, I am craving for such a chill time to experience!
So here I am, sharing my ideal day trip in Copenhagen, the 5 essentials I would carry and all the things I wouldn't miss when visiting this city. Enjoy!"
5 essentials to carry for the day!
1. Pack your essentials in a Rains - 1316 Rolltop rucksack in black, the minimalist tone by definition. Rains being a Danish label, it feels even more appropriate to carry one of their waterproof design bags around.
2. Don't forget to bring your refilled Traveler's company - Traveler's notebook passport size in blue, ready to welcome your precious notes, sketches and souvenirs collected on that day.
3. Make a statement by wearing Veja - V-10 sneakers in white to match your stylish backpack and show your support to sustainable cool brands such as Veja.
4. Cover your neck with a Lovat & Green - Lima linen scarf in sand. After all, Copenhagen is still a cold city even in summer!
5. Get your Normann Copenhagen pen in blue green available anytime in your pocket to fill out numerous pages of inspirations, ideas and notes to yourself.
10 things to do in Copenhagen
1. Start your day with a cup of coffee at the quirky Central Hotel & Café
Tips: Apart from the cute café area, always packed with tourists and locals, discover upstairs the unique and single room of the hotel (did I mentioned its long waiting queue for a chance to book it?)
2. When being a museum lovers like me, don't miss The Danish Chair exhibition at Design Museum Denmark.
3. Grab your camera and catch your personal snap of the famous Nyhavn spot
4. Explore all the Danish designers like GANNI, Soulland, Norse project and local Scandinavian interior designs at ILLUM BOLIGHUS or in their galleries!
Copenhagen-based brand GANNI encompasses the carefree spirit of Scandinavian lifestyle.
Danish menswear brand with its design principles and aesthetics rooted in Scandinavian way of living.
has drawn upon its Scandinavian roots to serve a design language for a highly adaptable wardrobe.
Illums Bolighus is the main centre in Scandinavia for Danish and international design. Furniture, lamps, kitchen and bathroom articles, ceramics, porcelain, silver, and glassware to be found there.
DANSK MØBELKUNST GALLERY
Specializes in rare, original works of Nordic designs created during 1920-1970.
Danish inspired furniture and accessories for a modern living.
Danish design brand founded by Jan Andersen and Poul Madsen in 1999.
Pssst: This brand is exclusively available at Another Story for Thailand and South East Asia. Discover our selection by clicking HERE.
MØLLER KAFFE & KØKKEN
6. Discover the Superkilen Park in Nørrebro
7. Indulge yourself with a coffee break at The collective coffee house.
8. Stroll around the hip area, check sustainable shops and pick one of a kind pieces from local designers.
Get the Acne studio pieces at outlet price from Acne Archive in Nørrebro
Denmark’s first concept store for cacti and succulents
KERAMIKER INGE VINCENTS STUDIO
Handbuilt thinware porcelain straddling the fence between sculptural & functional.
Italian Vintage shop where to find one of a-kind pieces from high-end designers at reasonable prices
Another sustainable shop to find plenty of gift ideas for your beloved ones.
9. Try out the new Nordic cuisine and level-up your farm-to-table experience at Manfred
10. Wrap up the day in style at Manon Les Suites, Guldsmeden
Written by Pattawan Tangchalermkul